- Uniform series
- 4 colors in the series, including unique Red
- Genetically compact habit
- Great border plant
- Easy to cultivate
- Cosmos Casanova Uses:Plants for the border, attractive pot plants with intense color.
- Exposure:Sun – Partial shade
- Garden height:8″ / 20 cm
- Crop time:7-8 weeks
- Sow time:February-End July
- Sowing method:2-3 seeds per plug, can be sown directly into final pot
- Germination*:Germinates in 5-8 days at 65-70 °F (18-21 °C). Cover seed after sowing.
- Growing On:Transplant plugs after 4-5 weeks. Grow on at temperatures of 60-65 °F (15-18 °C).
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 20-30 % clay, 1-2 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.5-5.8.
- Temperature:Grow at 15-17 °C or outdoors. Cosmos does not tolerate frost.
- Fertilization:Moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 100-150 ppm nitrogen, using a complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels.
COSMOS Casanova GERMINATION STAGES (FROM SEED TO FINISHED YOUNG PLANT)
Cosmos Casanova Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.
Cosmos Bippinatus Casanova of 10 seeds Imported
Out of stock
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist