French marigold Culture guide
- French marigold Safari Red Uses:flat, pot and garden performance
- Garden height:9″ / 23 cm
- Crop time:10-12 weeks
- Sowing method:1 seed per plug
- French marigold Safari Red Germination*:Stage I : 2-3 days at 72-75 °F (22-24 °C). Sow in media with very low soluble salt levels and pH 6.0-6.5. Cover seed lightly with vermiculite after sowing to maintain moisture levels. Keep soil slightly moist but not wet. Light is not required for germination. At the end of stage I the radicle will have emerged and the cotyledons begin to unfurl.
- French marigold Safari Red Growing On:4-5 weeks after sowing transplant 1 plant into 10 cm (4’’) pots or packs. Transplant African Marigold plugs before they become root bound. Delays in transplanting may induce premature flowering.
- Media:Use a well-drained, disease free, soilless medium with a pH of 6.2 -6.5; do not allow to fall below 6.0 or Iron or Manganese toxicity may result.
- Temperature:Nights 15-17 °C (59-63 °F), days 18-20 °C (64-68 °F). Avoid lower temperatures, as temperatures between 18-20 °C (64-68 °F) promote the flower initiation. Before selling plants should be hardened slowly at 10-13 °C (50-55 °F). T. patula does not tolerate frost.
- Fertilization:Moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 150-200 ppm nitrogen, using a complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels. High nitrogen levels cause leaves being too large and high ammonium levels will damage the roots. Check regularly pH value in substrate, because pH below 6.0 can result in necrotic spots on the leaves or in yellow leaves.
* GERMINATION STAGES (FROM SEED TO FINISHED YOUNG PLANT)
French marigold Safari Red Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.
Flower Seeds, Winter Seeds
French marigold pack of 30 seeds desi
Availability: In stock
There are no reviews yet.