Best Variety For Cut Flower Purpose
Product Name : Celosia Cristata Chief ROSE Flower Seeds
Qty : 30 Seeds
Celosia Chief produces large, uniform, globe-shaped flower heads and is very well suited to production of cut flowers during periods of high temperatures. This series can be direct sown in the cut flower bed or field with a very uniform growth pattern. Dense plantings of Chief produce strong stems and high quality cut flowers.
- Produces large, uniform, globe-shaped flower heads
- Very uniform growth pattern
- Highly suitable for cut flowers during periods of high temperature
- Dense plantings produce strong stems and high quality cut flowers
Planting and care
The plant perform best in big size containers (8inh or more) or plant them on ground
|The Celosia Chief flower requires full sun to do best. Celosia plants require a minimum of eight hours of direct sunlight.||Celosia plants require soil that drains quickly. Poorly draining planting sites can cause them to develop root rot. Celosias will grow in nutrient-poor, sandy soil but thrive and bloom more profusely in soil that contains high levels of organic matter. Soil pH levels between 6 and 6.5 are best. this flower can be grown as a perennial plant in container gardens. In other zones, the celosia flower is usually grown as an annual flower. Celosia species do not tolerate cold.||Keep the celosia flower s potting soil moist, but not wet. Water them as often as necessary to keep the soil consistently moist.||Celosia plants require a minimum of eight hours of direct sunlight and soil that drains quickly.||Fertilize the celosia flower once a month. These flowers thrive with a rich potting soil, so you may want to include compost or a fertilizer with a high amount of nitrogen.|
Caring for Celosia Chief Cristata
- They are all easy to care for as long as their soil and sunlight requirements are met.Poorly draining planting sites can cause them to develop root rot. To test how quickly the soil drains, remove the top and bottom from a large coffee can, dig a 4-inch-deep hole in the soil, the same circumference as the can, and insert the can into the hole. Fill the can with water and check the water level after one hour. If the water level drops between 2 and 5 inches, the drainage is good. When the water level drops less than 2 inches, the drainage is poor. Perlite can be added along with soil amendments to improve the soil s drainage or you can plant celiosa in containers or raised beds.Celosia can be planted in the garden in the spring when temperatures will remain above 60 degrees Fahrenheit. They will be damaged if the temperature drops lower than that.