When growing daisies from seeds, the flowers will bloom the following year. Plant the popular Shasta daisy from seed by following these steps:
- 1. Sow daisy seeds in the spring. Daisy seeds can be sown outside when the soil has hit 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Plant the seeds in a sunny spot. Daisy seeds need light to germinate, and the flowers do best in full sun.
- 3. Freely sow the daisy seeds. Cover the sowed seeds with an eighth of an inch of soil so that the sunlight can still reach the seeds.
- 4. Plant the seeds in nutrient-rich, well-draining soil. Use a mix of sand, peat moss, and manure compost soil for your daisies.
- 5. Keep the soil moist. Water the soil to keep it moist. The seeds should germinate in 10 to 20 days.