Petunia White The all-rounder! Bred to perform in a variety of climates, Merlin has medium sized diameter flowers with good weather tolerance. Plants are free flowering and retain their compact habit during the entire flowering season. Merlin Choice colours and Choice Mix offer the go-to colours that growers need for perfect programming.
- Petunia Apple Blossom with mid-sized flowers in a beautiful colour range
- Slow to stretch: allows for high density growing
- Easy, uniform and quick in production
- Plant habit remains dwarf and compact throughout the seasn
- Plants recover quickly after rain
- Wide range of colours including Morn and Picotee shades
- Petunia White Uses:Packs, Pots, Hanging Baskets, Mixed Containers and Landscape
- Garden height:13″ / 33 cm
- Crop time:9-13 weeks
- Sowing method:1 pellet per plug
- Germination*:Optimum conditions for seedling development, beginning on the day of sowing until radicle emergence. Expect radicle emergence in 3-5 days.
- Media:Begin by watering to saturated (5); applying enough water to help dissolve the pellets. After sowing do not allow the pellets to dry back before moving to the germination chamber or benches. Maintain saturation (5) for 3-4 days or until radicle emergence. On day 5 reduce media moisture to wet (4) for the next 5-6 days. On day 10 reduce the moisture further to medium (2). Alternate between wet (4) and a medium (2) between watering.
- Temperature:Plug Culture:
72-76 °F (22-24 °C) until radicle emergence and then reduce to 68-70 °F (20-21 °C). The temperature can be lowered on approximately day 5. Once cotyledons have fully expanded lower the temperature further to 65-68 °F (18-20 °C).Growing On:
After transplant, maintain temperatures> 55 °F (13 °C) nights for the first 3-4 weeks to initiate flower bud development. The night temperatures can be lowered further to 50 °F (10 °C) to encourage basal branching and compactness. However, lower temperatures may also substantially decrease the number of flowers initiated. Growing at cooler temperatures will produce a higher quality plant. An ADT (average daily temperature of 67 °F (19 °C) will give the fastest finished crop.
- Fertilization:Maintain an EC < 1.0. Fertilized water should not exceed an EC of 0.5. Upon initial germination, approximately day 5-6 begin feeding with 50 ppm nitrogen. Pay attention to the addition of boron since low boron can cause tip abortion. Ideal boron concentration is 0.5 ppm.
PETUNIA WHITE GERMINATION STAGES (FROM SEED TO FINISHED YOUNG PLANT)
Petunia White Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.