Petunia Dusty Rose Scientific Name : Petunia x hybrida
Common Name : Petunia
Blooming Season : Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit : Mounded
Spacing : 10 – 14″ (25 – 36cm)
Height : 10 – 15″ (25 – 38cm)
Width : 10 – 12″ (25 – 30cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Pelleted.
The designer Sophistica and Debonair collections combine beautiful flowers in special one-of-a-kind colours with professional seed quality. These premium petunias can command a higher price point at retail and open the door to decorator opportunities.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 5 to 6 weeks
- Abundant grandiflora blooms.
- Plants are well-matched for timing for easier scheduling and shipping.
- Mounded, upright habit is ideal for premium pots and larger containers.
Petunia Dusty Rose margin with silver-white throat; throat will be less noticeable in cooler/greenhouse production, and more noticeable outside and in warm, high-light conditions.
- Media:Begin by watering to saturated (5); applying enough water to help dissolve the pellets. After sowing do not allow the pellets to dry back before moving to the germination chamber or benches. Maintain saturation (5) for 3-4 days or until radicle emergence. On day 5 reduce media moisture to wet (4) for the next 5-6 days. On day 10 reduce the moisture further to medium (2). Alternate between wet (4) and a medium (2) between watering.
- Temperature:Plug Culture:
72-76 °F (22-24 °C) until radicle emergence and then reduce to 68-70 °F (20-21 °C). The temperature can be lowered on approximately day 5. Once cotyledons have fully expanded lower the temperature further to 65-68 °F (18-20 °C).Growing On:
After transplant, maintain temperatures> 55 °F (13 °C) nights for the first 3-4 weeks to initiate flower bud development. The night temperatures can be lowered further to 50 °F (10 °C) to encourage basal branching and compactness. However, lower temperatures may also substantially decrease the number of flowers initiated. Growing at cooler temperatures will produce a higher quality plant. An ADT (average daily temperature of 67 °F (19 °C) will give the fastest finished crop.
- Fertilization:Maintain an EC < 1.0. Fertilized water should not exceed an EC of 0.5. Upon initial germination, approximately day 5-6 begin feeding with 50 ppm nitrogen. Pay attention to the addition of boron since low boron can cause tip abortion. Ideal boron concentration is 0.5 ppm.