Zinnia Zahara Double Scientific Name : Zinnia marylandica
Blooming Season : Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit : Mounded, Upright
Spacing : 8 – 10″ (20 – 25cm)
Height : 16 – 20″ (41 – 51cm)
Width : 16 – 20″ (41 – 51cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Raw, Coated.
Transplant to finish: Spring 8 to 9 weeks, Summer 5 to 6 weeks
- Mix includes Cherry, Salmon Rose, Yellow, Fire, White.
- The only fully double, disease-resistant zinnia series makes a huge colour show!
- Unlike Double Zahara, the competition has smaller, semi-double flowers.
- Award-winning, all-season performance and durability in landscapes and containers, especially in sunny, hot and dry conditions.
- Intermediate size is perfect for mid-level plantings in the landscape. Works well in containers, too.
ZINNIA ZAHARA DOUBLE * GERMINATION STAGES (FROM SEED TO FINISHED YOUNG PLANT)
Zinnia Zahara Double Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.